We successfully received 156 successfully installed nest boxes at the end of the summer in 2021, and got to work processing them following the protocols we used in 2019 and 2020.

The program had many delays in getting results out, but despite the logistics of turning over the project to a new MSc student and coordinator along with the many joys of shipping during the pandemic, we are pleased to present our 2021 results!

This time we tried a new DNA extraction method and we were able to sequence most of the 78 occupied nest boxes.

The document below outlines a bit of background on the program as well as some general information about the types of insects present. Then, there is a list of each occupied nest box and all insect species found. Thanks so much for your patience in getting these results and check out what we found!